Use of Club Boats – Oppies & RS Fevas
We have two Oppies and two Rs Fevas at the club. We would like to encourage their use by cadets and their competent parents. The club boats are to be used during regular Saturday morning cadets - all you need to do is ask the duty officer. Any cadets wishing to train up to be able to use them should notify us, so that we can arrange for someone to help you with this.
We should very much like the boats to be used at other club times and would love to see them racing. It is hoped that parents might introduce cadets to racing in the Fevas by crewing with their children or competent cadets crewing with younger cadets. If you don't want to commit to racing every week then we could arrange a team of crews whose results would be amalgamte at the end of the series.
Please refer to the "Use of Club Boats" for conditions of use, below. You will also find these in the front of the red signing-out book above the foil and sail box in the garage under the galley.
The following conditions of use have been proposed to help protect both the equipment and the crews using them. Please respect this so that others can enjoy them too.
• An adult must sign for the boat.
• An adult who is responsible for you must be present at the club whilst the boat is in use.
• Whoever takes the boat on the water, whether cadet or parent, must be competent in rigging, handling, doing the capsize drill, following the rules of the sea and storage.
• Please pay a fee of £3 into the honesty box, just inside the front door.
• Boats can only be used during designated club racing times, when a patrol boat is on the water.
• Boats should not be used in wind speeds of more than 16 knots.
• You are responsible for the boat and sails being stored properly.
• If these conditions are not followed this may result in you being banned from using any SBSC equipment.
Thank you for following these terms and conditions.