We don’t just sail, come and join in the bike race!
REARRANGED FOR TUESDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER @ 7PM
General Instructions To Follow
- Participation is at your own risk & road traffic law is to be obeyed at all times.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- There are no traffic lights on the course, but there are junctions & roundabouts where you may have to give way.
- It is good practice to use rear/front lights to increase your visibility.
- You are welcome to use either the cycle lanes or the road. Faster rides (28mph and above) should probably stick to the road and avoid the shared cycle lanes.
- No drafting allowed – if a faster rider catches you, you’ll naturally start to draft them, so ease off until they’re 20M ahead of you.
- Riders will be set off at intervals of 1 minute, please line up in good time for your start in the correct order.
- The course is 2 laps, so make sure you watch out for riders starting their second lap when turning left out of the sailing club.
- Shout your start number to the timekeeper as you cross the finish line to help with the results. We all look the same in bike kit!
- Ride safely and have fun!