Re: English Lockdown – Day 1
Following the announcement of a second national lockdown the Management Committee have considered the new legislation and further output from the RYA. The actions to be taken by SBSC, and what they mean for you, are explained below.
What is the Club doing?
• The Clubhouse and Compound are closed from 0001hrs on Thursday 5th November. Visits are limited to those for essential purposes only.
• There will be no further organised sailing activity during the lockdown period.
What should you do?
1. Do not visit the sailing club unless it is essential, e.g. that you tend to unsafely stored equipment, or are concerned that your property is at risk / requiring immediate repair.
2. Do not attempt to enter the clubhouse.
3. Check your dinghy/craft insurance policy. Some insurance policies include terms requiring the policy holder to periodically check the security and safety of their craft. This is usually a fixed period, e.g. every two weeks. You should review your policy and establish if this is the case. If so, you are permitted to enter the compound to conduct such checks. You may wish to negotiate an extension to this review period.
The RYA guidance will be updated over the next 24-48 hours. To allow this to happen, the RYA Return to Boating FAQ page will be offline from midnight tonight. We will update you with any changes as they become obvious to the sailing community and the local area.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.